Did you mean: 

iPhone 6+

melrose28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi im having problems with my o2 . 

I lost my iphone 6 so rang o2 they put a block on the sim and ime so i purchased another phone experia l3 and got a new sim with the new phone.  activated the sim in new phone going fine working brill. 4 day later iphone 6 found itself so i rang 02 got the bar lifted so i could use my new sim in the iphone it does not work so i tried other networks in the unblocked iphone they worked fine no problem. now when i put the new o2 sim in the iphone 6 it does come up with 02 with 3 bars but disapears after 15/20 sec or sometime when the airplane mode is switched on and off it sometimes comes up the same 

ive taken the phone and sim to 02 and they say its a problem with the ime number block or the unlatching of the phone 

could this be true or am i missing something here

any help would be appreciated

mark

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@melrose28 

Sounds like the IMEI isn't fully released on the O2 network.

Chase up customer service to escalate the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 27

melrose28
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks will look into that will let you know

mark

Message 3 of 27

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey there @melrose28 , how did it go with your phone, did you get things resolved with customer service ok in the end? slight_smile

Message 4 of 27

melrose28
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

well i talked to customer sevices and he said its the imei number thats at fault so waited over 72 hours put my sim in the iphone and nothing still does the same thing it will take any other sim no probs but o2 just flashes up for 15 sec then no service

any other ideas would apreciate anyhting at all

thanks

Mark

Message 5 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@melrose28 

I still think this is an O2 issue and you haven't found anyone that can help you yet, so I would keep trying, however, you could also try a sim swap as there might be an issue with your sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 27

melrose28
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi 

the guy i just talked to said the imei number is still going through the proccess and to give it till tomorrow morning. we shall see will get back

thanks for the reply guys

mark

Message 7 of 27

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @melrose28  thanks for the update! Let us know in the morning how it goes and if you're still stuck with this, I'm happy to get one of our Gurus to check in case they could help figure this out.

Message 8 of 27

melrose28
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys

Well all i can say is its still the same, i think sometimes you get fobed off but the problem still isnt sorted.. disapointed to say the least. ringing 02 again not happy chappy

Mark

Message 9 of 27

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @melrose28 , hope you had a nice weekend and sorry to hear the problem still persists. Let me know if you'd like us to escalate this to our Gurus if you're still stuck with this (how did it go with customer service on the phone?). I would need a few bits of additional info in order to do that so would need to drop you a private message here on the forum.

Message 10 of 27