cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone kept searching for a signal , it was working on WiFi , I decided to do a factory reset , now it is saying my phone could not be acivated , can anyone help ?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi , I got a Samsung, put my SIM in and it works perfectly, couldn't get the I phone to work

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It could be a couple of things.
First try a new sim. Call into any o2 shop and they will do it while you wait for free.
If that doesn’t fix it, the phone may be faulty.
Check also for any network issues here at your postcode.
https://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhones have to connect to the Apple server to activate.. they could be down, so try again later!

Read here

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Please follow the advice given by @MI5 it looks like there maybe a problem with your SIM card. Have you checked your postcode to see If there is any faults in your area. Try your sim in another o2 phone I’d you can 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check the network issues help here too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/10140...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous have you made any progress on this issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi , I got a Samsung, put my SIM in and it works perfectly, couldn't get the I phone to work
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If my fears are confirmed, it's a blocked handset.
You can check the IMEI here https://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8