cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5s unlock whilst abroad without iTunes

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone 5s unlock without iTunes access.

I recently submitted my request to unlock my iPhone 5s as I am in Australia traveling. Because I am away from home I have no access to iTunes/ my PC. When I received my unlock successful email asking me to connect to iTunes I was therefore unable to and henceforth wondering wether or not it is possible to complete the unlock process without iTunes (could I do this on my phone/ iPad that I have with me?).
If it isn't and I manage to find someone with a computer, what are my options? Do I have to authorise my phone to someone's else's iTunes because this is something I don't want to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think now all you need to do is put a non o2 sim in your iPhone & no need to connect to iTunes like before 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think now all you need to do is put a non o2 sim in your iPhone & no need to connect to iTunes like before 

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All explained in this apple help document https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201328 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 4