cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 24 month contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used search and could find nothing related to this. Haven't mailed customer services as you always get the same cryptic responses...

Does anyone think that o2 may also offer 24 month contracts for the iPhone like their normal ones? Then knocking £5 off the monthly charge. I could justify £40/Month to the missus more than £45/Month!!

I know any replies will be speculation at the moment, but I thought I'd put this one out there.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a chance.....

Price plans are set, and the system they are unable to change iphone plans
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I don't know the answer but if they did plan to offer a 24 month contract would this not be the plan they would use for marketing?

So 8GB iPhone for £99 and £25 per month on a 24 month contract. Would make it look cheaper.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I am not mistaken, O2 iPhone contracts have always been 18 month terms.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You might want to check out their business tariffs http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/business. The Small Business Frequent User tariff is £42.90 per month (£36.51 + VAT) on a 24 month contract, or £40.84pm on a 36 month contract. Probably not as cheap as you want, but it's an option -- 8GB iPhone free, 16GB for £59.

This tariff has 700 mins and 450 texts. Although this seems a bad deal compared to the consumer £45 tariff with 1200 mins, the business tariff includes free calls to all O2 mobiles, and free calls to 10 nominated landlines.

The other good thing about these tariffs is you can add an additional iPhone user to the same tariff for ~£25pm and share the minutes and texts. Additional iPhones cost £99/£159.

I'll probably do this to get phones for my wife and myself.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Those are business tariffs, and not available for commercial customers. You need to have a VAT exemption code (or something along those lines) to apply for a business tariff- which is why they quote the prices there VAT free.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
There would not be be no advantage to O2 to do that as most people would upgrade in a year when iPhone 3.0 comes out.

Also, get £45 for 9 months, £35 for the last 9, that would be £40 pm average.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's absolutely no requirement to provide a VAT registration number or any other such details to take advantage of the Business tariffs. I'm on one right now.

Also, the phone support is, in my experience, much better on the dedicated Business line.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No VAT registration is required but the credit check is done on the company / director, and company details are required.. for billing
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I can only go by my own experience -- I've been on a Business tariff for over two years, having switched to O2 from Vodafone in early 2006:

- at no time was I asked for any company details
- I only supplied my own personal details for credit check
- bills are addressed to me personally (no company name)

I can't think of any reason why O2 Business would turn away a willing customer. They're not under any legal obligation to restrict these tariffs. the rates are close enough to the consumer tariffs to make little or no difference, and they actually get a longer contract with the Business tariff. The only reason there are separate tariffs is that they are set by two separate Business Units within O2. I'm pretty sure either of them will happily take your money wink
Message 10 of 12