cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 2.0 software - What would you like next?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 2.0 software update is almost with us and it from all accounts it is a pretty large update. Exchange, the new App Store, support for MobileMe, downloadable applications/games etc. My question to current users is: What would you like to see in the next wave of updates, be it a minor feature or something major.

Personally, I would like to see the following (in no particular order of preference):

Ability to send/receive MMS natively and out of the box
Text message forwarding
Cut & Paste support
Ability to change ringtones in the phone without extra software or iTunes
Bluetooth data transfer (Please don't start the iTunes copyright debate)

If I think of any more to my wishlist, I'll add them later slight_smile
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 2.0 software update is almost with us and it from all accounts it is a pretty update. Exchange, the new App Store, support for MobileMe, downloadable applications/games etc. My question to current users is: What would you like to see in the next wave of updates, be it a minor feature or something major.
Personally, I would like to see the following (in no particular order of preference):
Ability to send/receive MMS natively and out of the box
Text message forwarding
Cut & Paste support
Ability to change ringtones in the phone without extra software or iTunes
Bluetooth data transfer (Please don't start the iTunes copyright debate)
If I think of any more to my wishlist, I'll add them later slight_smile

An Ilife - so i can turn it on and do all the crappy things that i dont want to do i.e go to work, do the cleaning, tell the mrs she isnt getting fat lol
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL. At a guess I expect those features will come MUCH later!
Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
MMS is high on my list. Copy and paste is a no-brainer as this is available elsewhere like MMS.

As for Bluetooth transfer, there's no worries about iTunes tracks. On my previous Nokia phone, you were unable to send protected files elsewhere. I'm sure if the Finns can do it,the Apple bods can as well.
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope you're right.

Speaking personally it is an odd experience demonstrating some of the advanced features of the iPhone but then having to explain that there is a lot of basic stuff it can't do yet. This alone has put a lot of my friends off buying it. The Brits do enjoy sending SMS and MMS texts and using Bluetooth data transfer. I am a previous Nokia N95 user and miss a lot of the stuff that phone did that my iPhone can't currently.
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut & Paste - really shocking that v2.0 *doesn't* have that to be honest
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

considering the amount of stuff they have done for 2.0 and the 3G iphone, i am not suprised that MMS & copy & paste was left off, cos they can do that once they've got all this out the way and it will be a nice simple firmware update down the line, i also wonder if MMS might be held up due to talks with the networks like AT&T and O2, yea they can easily enable it on the iPhone but do the networks want the extra data usage?
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

considering the amount of stuff they have done for 2.0 and the 3G iphone, i am not suprised that MMS & copy & paste was left off, cos they can do that once they've got all this out the way and it will be a nice simple firmware update down the line, i also wonder if MMS might be held up due to talks with the networks like AT&T and O2, yea they can easily enable it on the iPhone but do the networks want the extra data usage?

MMS could also be a potential revenue stream too though
Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

MMS could also be a potential revenue stream too though

true. i just think the fact we've not seen it yet means there's some red tape holding it back, if we don't see it in 6 months then somethings up, i will let them off not having it for 3G's launch cos there has been a lot done on their side with the app store, SDK, and that.
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to see some kind of iLife and iWork mobile applications!! slight_smile

Mobile Pages and Numbers would be good. So would Mobile iWeb, lol.
Message 10 of 20