Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 US

nemish88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I'm going to get an iPhone 14 pro from the US as it's slightly cheaper there, but I know the US models do not have a sim slot.

My question is, therefore, is it easy to move my current SIM card to an eSIM only? I'm actually with another provider at the moment, but I'll port my number on to O2 on a physical SIM on a SIMO contract if it makes the process easier.

Thanks in advance!

N

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@nemish88 

Yes, that should work fine but do get a physical sim first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@nemish88 

Yes, that should work fine but do get a physical sim first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

nemish88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply @MI5.

I had a follow up question. I have an o2 physical SIM now, should I request an eSIM transfer now so I get the QR code, and does this expire after a certain time?

I ask because I would like to transfer my number while I am out there if that's possible.

Thanks,

N

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144452 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@nemish88 

If you request an esim now, O2 will disconnect your physical sim immediately, so you will be without a phone until the esim arrives which you'll need to activate in the UK. You cannot then transfer this to a different phone, so in short, wait until you get the phone back home.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4