Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 14 update

Alano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have just received an Apple se2020 on upgrade, and during set up I am forced to update the software to  ios 14.5. I have tried several times unsuccessfully to do this, as the phone keeps freezing on the INSTALL NOW phase. It is extremely frustrating. The phone is fully charged and has a strong wifi signal. What is the problem please? I cannot get past this and the phone is unusable. Should I send the handset back?

TIA.

Al

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alano 

Can you give more detail as regards to what's happening please?

Are you trying OTA or connected to a PC through iTunes?

Personally, I'd do it through iTunes but it can take a while to do an update, so are you sure the phone is hanging and not just updating in the background etc?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alano 

Can you give more detail as regards to what's happening please?

Are you trying OTA or connected to a PC through iTunes?

Personally, I'd do it through iTunes but it can take a while to do an update, so are you sure the phone is hanging and not just updating in the background etc?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Alano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. You are right. I had to contact Apple too. The update is now working via iTunes on my laptop. Previoulsy it was stalling on the Install now phase, for well over 30 mins. Download seems to be working fine now with the iphone in restore mode, although it is by no means fast, and I keep having to re-enter restore mode every 15 mins . Pain in the **** tbh , but I appreciate your response.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4