Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 12.1 released today

Bydandie
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apple have announced that iOS 12.1 will be released after the iPad and MacBook event today.

Main items for o2 users are fixed for selfies and various bug fixes but it also enables esim for carriers that support it. I’d imagine that o2 will look to support this next year in the UK given that the competition already supports it, but maybe useful if you go to the US etc.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/10/ios-12-1-brings-group-facetime-and-new-emoji-to-iphone-and-ip...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Bydandie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update. Not likely that O2 will support it but will update later this evening
Message 3 of 11

Bydandie
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They won't support eSIM today, but it may well be useful if you're going abroad to a country like the US where roaming may be cheaper by buying a local SIM.

Features such as Group FaceTime may well be useful too, but improved cameras will likely by the most welcome update.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

System storage used has dropped from 8.19gb to 6.2 on my iPad.. 

thank you 12.1 !

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your misinformed. There is dual esim support in this update
Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
eSim was always going to be rolled out as part of 12.1 but I think the point is that it's not going to be supported by O2, still......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your looking for updates cameras then go check out Canon or Nikon 😂😂 seriously they don’t roll out updated cameras in software updates. You need the latest iPhone for that 

Message 8 of 11

Bydandie
  • 29 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh dear someone appears to have his pedantic pants on today. :roll:

eSIM is still not supported by o2, although it is enabled in the 12.1 update and the camera software has been improved which provides better results.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have all said O2 won’t likely support it from the start of the original launch announcement. No more need to discuss this subject
Message 10 of 11