cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else been promised a free early upgrade by phone then been told its not showing up on account?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How soon were you promised?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was the middle of last year,said because my bills were expensive he'd offer an early upgrade in september 2014 when my contracts not up until march 2015

Message 3 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Who's 'he'? Was it just a cold call from someone saying they were from O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
May have been a one off deal although it should have been put on your account notes.

I'd ring customer services back and speak to another agent.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think it was o2 doing a review of my account,he had access to all my bills and costs

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

might have been.he just said that my bills were quite expensive and that he would give me a early upgrade in september and would put a marker on my account,i guess i'll try again.

Message 7 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you're still looking to upgrade early you can ring Customer Service on 202 from your mobile and they will tell you what your options are or aren't at this point.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 were doing something like this last year promoting a couple of specific handsets but it was only for a short while and specific customers were targeted who already had that brand (I think it was offering to replace Samsung Galaxy S4 to S5).

If you don't have an S4 then I would be very wary. I would never buy a contract through a cold call. My heart is fearing Aerial. ....
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

might have been.he just said that my bills were quite expensive and that he would give me a early upgrade in september and would put a marker on my account,i guess i'll try again.

The best of luck and perhaps let us know how you get on. 

Message 10 of 15