cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used up data allowance this month on my phone, 3 times in the past week; I've switched everything off (inc wifi), and never use it to stream movies/Netflix etc; presume I've left something open but don't know what

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Double press the Home button to see what apps are open & then close them, turn off background app refresh In settings, look in your usage, that may tell you something 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll need to check in the phones settings menu and see what is using the most of your data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Double press the Home button to see what apps are open & then close them, turn off background app refresh In settings, look in your usage, that may tell you something 

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've switched everything off (inc wifi), 

I've just noticed this line in your post.

Turning off wifi will force apps to use mobile data so that would certainly explain high usage of your data allowance.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile data kicks in if there is no wifi signal, so you could be using data to update apps in the background .

i think we are getting somewhere with this now 

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ok ....turn on wifi but switch off mobile/cellular data when connected to wifi.

Message 7 of 7