Did you mean: 

Yet another Apple Watch data plan issue

MindlessJD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Bought a new S4 Apple Watch a couple of months ago, received it and set up with no issues whatsoever.  Unfortunately the watch got damaged, made my claim through O2 insure, and was told they had no S4's in stock at all re a replacement.

Was added to the queue for a replacement as soon as they were in stock, and was reassured that they have two deliveries per day. Over two weeks go by with no comms from O2, so I phone them up again and finally get a replacement issued - though not in my original colour (not bothered about this though)!

Went through the set up again, and am getting the (seemingly common) issue where I cannot add the data plan to the new watch. Getting reference code 30. 

Called customer services and have been given an INC number, but having read through the comments on this forum - am somewhat worried that I'll not hear back and have to chase myself again...

Don't want to have to keep phoning up all the time to get this sorted (took 5 separate calls to order it in the first place as systems kept not working correctly!)... So does anyone have any idea how long this may take or what actually needs to be done to fix?

Thank you

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @MindlessJD, and welcome to the community slight_smile

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some trouble setting up your Apple Watch, and I can certainly get someone on my end to look into it! I'll need a few more details first so will send you a Private Message shortly.

Thanks for the mentions @MI5 and @jonsie wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
These issues seem to be account related so it's only customer service that can help.
I'll tag @EmilieT to see if she can push things along for you though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @MindlessJD, and welcome to the community slight_smile

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some trouble setting up your Apple Watch, and I can certainly get someone on my end to look into it! I'll need a few more details first so will send you a Private Message shortly.

Thanks for the mentions @MI5 and @jonsie wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 23

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie  and @MI5 !

@EmilieT - thanks - will reply to your message.

Hopefully this can get sorted soon! 

Message 5 of 23

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Issue got resolved quickly and efficiently in the end - massive thanks to @jonsie, @MI5, and especially @EmilieT for chasing this up for me.

This is a fab community slight_smile
Message 6 of 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Great to hear @MindlessJD, I'm really glad we were able to help and I hope you enjoy using your Apple Watch now - I'd love to hear if there are any features that you especially like! smiley

signature

Message 7 of 23

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MindlessJD
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Am all up and running now!

I think the 4G combined with the fitness tracking is the key thing for me - can leave my phone in the locker at the gym, track my workouts, and also still get texts and notifications - seriously useful!

Well worth the money for that IMHO!
Message 9 of 23

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Nice! I've actually been thinking recently it could be useful for when I go running, but I'm not sure how accurate it is in practice, and whether it's heavy at all on the wrist and would bother me. I'd welcome your thoughts/experience on that @MindlessJD nerd

signature

Message 10 of 23