cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will iphone 7 Plus drop in price with O2?

Kramstan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently own an iphone 6s plus and my contract ends at the beginning of next month. I am thinking of upgrading to either the 7 plus or 8 plus. I was hoping that the 7 plus would drop in price but I can't see that it has (unless someone on here can tell me different). I am looking at £55 month for 3GB data unltd texts and calls and an upfront cost of £19.99 for the 128GB 7 plus model. 

The 64GB 8 plus model (no 128GB option available) is £54 per month on the same tariff but with a £89.99 up front cost. I was hoping for a bigger price difference netween the two as I was thinking of opting for the older 7 plus- but on this basis it's not that much more to go for the newer model.

The 7 plus price seems to be the same  as it was before the 8 plus was made available for pre-order today. Does anyone know if the 7 plus is likely to drop in price when the 8 plus is actually available next Friday (rather than pre-order) or is this current price likely to remain the same?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only O2 will know that sensitive business information I would just keep an eye on the prices etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As the 8 will be very limited in supply you won't see a drop in 7 prices until the demand drops for the 8 which probably won't be for at least 6 months.
If refresh isn't important to you, better deals can be had from Carphone Warehouse.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 7 +won’t drop dramatically as likely it will hold its price like the 6s+ did
Message 4 of 4