cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I recently went in to look at my visual voicemail as I keep getting texts from o2 when I miss a call but upon doing so noticed it wasnt quite right! When you click on the voicemail icon it brings up a blank screen with the Greeting option in the top left corner. I can change my greeting but that is it! I have rest the network settings, switched off my wifi, turned my voice mail on and off (1750 and 1760) but to no avail! I dont know how long it hasnt been working but I presume its since getting my 5s and ios7! Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you spoken to customer services on 202 just to have your account checked.

Also hook up to iTunes and see if there are any carrier updates.

Try general , settings , reset , reset network settings

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you spoken to customer services on 202 just to have your account checked.

Also hook up to iTunes and see if there are any carrier updates.

Try general , settings , reset , reset network settings
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I havent tried customer services yet, though Id ask here first in the event someone might have had the same.

I tried resetting the network settings but havent been onto itunes so will give that a blast.

Thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome.

Hope the issue resolves for you.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are various threads on this. I have tried ALL the suggested fixes more than once, in fact many times. I have phoned O2 where the depth of knowlege of the representatives I spoke to was abysmal (just reading off a response list, with zero knowledge of the system or the product, an iPhone 5, was my guess). Occasionally I get it to work but every time I then connect via wifi, it goes again and will not reconnect to visual voicemail, after I switch wifi off or go out of range. If I put my SIM in an adapter into my old iPhone 3, visual voicemail springs to life instantly. As other UK carriers do not seem to have this issue to anything like the same extent, it would strongly suggest that the fault lies with O2's implementation of voicemail and in particular, its compatibility with iOS7, which is when the problems started for me. Wilson

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello did this ever get resolved? I've tried everything but just cannot get the VM to work. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to be on contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7