cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using iPad in France & Spain without using data roaming.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are travelling from the UK,through France to Southern Spain. We will be taking about a week for the journey. I have an ipad with an O2 sim card in which I have used in the past, in the UK, to buy a months data. I would like to be able to use my ipad whilst travelling for help with routes/accomodation/weather etc. when stopped overnight & whilst in the car. I had hoped to use some kind of bolt-on to the sim I have or the travel option of £1.99 for daily data.

Apparently,according to on-line help, this is not possible. The travel package is only for mobile phones & you cant use your ipad im abroad. 

Am I just as well buying a data sim card in each of the countries as I arrive in them or does anyone know of any other possibilities through O2 which wont break the bank. Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It says you can here http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Mobile_Broadband/tablets_abroad?intid=3main_fah_stc1769
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have a contract sim you can use that in the iPad with the o2 travel bolt on.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, forgot to say. It is PAYG. I also have iphone6 on a PAYG sim but was hoping to use iPad as easier to see !!
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still use the iPhone sim with the iPad but the o2 travel deal isn't as good on PAYG.
In all honesty, you are better off with a Three sim and make use of their "feel at home" deal for France and Spain, but you will need to unlock your iPad if locked to o2?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPad is unlocked as used an Australian sim in it whilst travelling there. I don't really want to alter anything on iPhone as will still use that for any contacts from family. Will have a look at the Three Sim as you suggest. Thanks
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a look at the Three 'feel at home'. That is similar to the O2 travel in that it seems to be for mobile phones not tablets. Looks like going to be sim cards for each country.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It says you can here http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Mobile_Broadband/tablets_abroad?intid=3main_fah_stc1769

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I used it in France no problem in a tablet
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, must have missed that. having a read of it now.
Message 9 of 9