cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock request - taking longer than 2 weeks!

Sc2018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m looking for help with an unlock request.
I have bought an iPhone 7plus from my uncle, an o2 pay monthly customer.
He put an unlock request in 2 weeks ago and as yet still nothing! O2 claim there’s a backlog but the amount of time it has taken is completely ridiculous, with no unlock date in sight.
O2 won’t speak to me direct as I am not a customer, other than telling me that the unlock is with Apple which is absolute nonsense as Apple do not get involved in unlocking. When I questioned this o2 said they meant ‘their staff working on Apple products’ - it’s so wrong to blame Apple when it’s o2 sitting on the request . I am heavily pregnant and do not need this stress! @EmilieT any ideas please?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sc2018Have you tried the phone with a non O2 sim yet? You may find it's already unlocked.

If not I will tag @EmilieT to help you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess she will wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Sc2018, sorry to hear this has been such a source of stress! @Cleoriff's suggestions is a great one, we have found that a lot of members are surprised to find their device already unlocked after putting a non-O2 SIM in their phone, then connecting to WiFi, going to Settings > General > About and entering the Apple ID and password.

Either way, I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now so we can get someone to look into this for you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4