cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Iphone SE after sim swap and upgraded to Iphone 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Few days ago I received my new Iphone 7, to replace the iPhone SE, both are ordered from o2, on a montly plan. I received a new sim for the 7, so after a sim swap the SE didn't have connection anymore and the 7 works fine, as expected. So, I wanted to use the SE with an EE sim, so I tried unlocking the device, but the service doesn't seem available. I opened Itunes as explained on the o2 website, I use the same apple account on both phones, filled in the required username and password, and I get the next message, The sim card that you have currently installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card form a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.'

I've tried a Giffgaff sim, and works fine on the SE.

Online at 'my device' I get a message 'This infomation is not available....' and when I click 'Unlock device' I get the same message. I tried this online, and on both phones with the app, restarted several times, the same messages come up.

When I try to sim swap again online, I can't get further then step 3, as there is a sim swap in progress, but the sim works so what can I do to use the EE sim?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
You need to put the sim back in the se and wait for it to show in your MyO2 then use the unlock button in there to get it unlocked.
There is also a manual method outlined here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
You need to put the sim back in the se and wait for it to show in your MyO2 then use the unlock button in there to get it unlocked.
There is also a manual method outlined here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 2