cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking a phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help me get an iPhone unblocked?

I made an insurance claim with O2 in July 2016 and was sent a replacement iPhone 6+ never had any issues using the phone etc. Have just upgraded to the iphoneX and thought I’d use O2’s recycle service for my 6+

I had an email from O2 Recycle saying they can’t offer me any money for my phone because it’s been blocked and to contact CheckMEND for details

Contacted them and they told me the device was blocked by Vodafone Italy in February 2016 some 5 or so months BEFORE I received the phone from O2? I was advised to get in contact with Vodafone to get the block/red flag lifted. I contacted Vodafone and they have said the phone had never belonged to them and that in general the phone isn’t on any blacklist?

I’ve gone back to CheckMEND and O2 Recycle and all that’s happening is I’m getting my phone sent back to me, which I won’t be able to sell
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you got the replacement phone from O2 then it's up to them to unblock it. It seems as if they were the ones to send you a dodgy replacement.

I can't see this has anything to do with Vodafone at all.

The phone came from O2.

I would definitely complain https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you got the replacement phone from O2 then it's up to them to unblock it. It seems as if they were the ones to send you a dodgy replacement.

I can't see this has anything to do with Vodafone at all.

The phone came from O2.

I would definitely complain https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I guess a similar IMEI number was blocked by Voda in Italy and whoever did it mistyped your number.
This is certainly something that O2 needs to sort out with Voda directly so don't be fobbed off and complain to the CEO if you have to.
Mistakes can be made, but it's how they are dealt with that is important.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if they input the wrong Imei or its o2 recycle trying to pull another fast one & having to not pay out

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Recycle told me I have to contact CheckMEND who are the company they use to check all phones before purchasing them, CheckMEND said the phone was blocked by Vodafone so I would need to contact them to get the red flag removed. Vodafone said they never owned the phone and that O2 have a direct line to Vodafone and they should of contacted Vodafone not tell me to do it. When I pointed this out to O2 all I got back was my phone is being returned to me. Which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot seeing as its on a global blacklist and had been since before the phone was sent to me
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You may wish to put in a complaint if you are getting nowhere 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousDisregard what O2 recycle told you. They are partnered with O2 and are trying to absolve themselves of responsibility.

Bottom line O2 sent you a phone which was ok until you tried to sell it on . It was found to be blocked. Now it doesnt matter who why when this happened....you were sent a phone by O2 NOT vodafone. They should have checked it before sending it out to an unsuspecting customer

It's O2's job to sort this and no one elses. Make the complaint in the link I gave...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Vodafone said they never owned the phone and that O2 have a direct line to Vodafone and they should of contacted Vodafone not tell me to do it. 

Exactly what I said above.

Voda blocked it, by accident and O2 need to tell them to unblock it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

MI5
  • 144304 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It will be working fine everywhere apart from Italy I would guess......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14