Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with unlocking iphone

BTRT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 2 year contract has come to an end and I bought a new sim on another network, however my phone rejects it saying the phone is locked. 

What I have tried so far:

• Filling in the form online 
    • Been told I inputted the wrong data 3 times and then got locked out (even though i'm pretty sure the information was correct. even did "forget password" option and inputted the correct information....) 
  • Rang 02 multiple times but cannot get through to anyone
  • Contacted online support via facebook and was just sent back to the form which now errors out when I fill it in
  • Tried going through the My 02 app but now as my contract has ended, I can't log on

Really annoyed now.... can someone help?

Many thanks

A frustrated former customer

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

BTRT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I've tried all that already:

If you have a monthly contract it is free to get your phone unlocked......

Any phone can be unlocked (No exceptions).

The easiest way is by using the link found in your MyO2 Unlock (this assumes that it is the current phone you are using is the one you want to unlock)

Can't get onto my02 anymore as my contract has ended

If you want to unlock a phone you have stopped using, all you need to do is submit this form manual form taking care to enter the correct details. Pay attention in particular to the security question as this is the most common cause of failure.

The form doesn't work anyone - just errors out

Note for iPhones:

If you’ve already requested an unlock for your iPhone but you feel it hasn’t worked, try the following:

1) Insert a non-O2 SIM in the phone

2) Connect to Wi-Fi

3) Go to Settings > General > About, and enter your Apple ID and password, and you should be good to go.

If it’s still not working, please contact customer services on 202 or 4445 or post on the community so we can escalate the issue for you.

Tried this, already signed in. Tried calling too but just get told they are unable to take my call. 

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@BTRT 

Then the only advice we can give is to keep trying O2. Sorry but that's the best we can do.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93249 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @BTRT , it's been a few days since you last posted so I hope you've managed to get your unlocking sorted. Please do let me know if not though and I can see if I can get someone on our end to help further.

Thanks for tagging me @jonsie slight_smile

Message 6 of 12

BTRT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey - sorry i thought i replied but it didnt post.

Phone is still locked.

Got somewhere with Facebook, theyve asked for phone number, IMEI and model on Tue, but still havent got anywhere with them.

Message 7 of 12

BTRT
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Phone still locked 😞
Message 8 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
More help needed @Marjo

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @BTRT , sorry to hear that. I'm going to drop you a private message shortly to get a few additional details so we can get someone on our end to take a look.

Cheers for the tag @gmarkj ! thumbsup

Message 10 of 12