Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Sim to another phone

almaca60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to use move my existing SIM card into a newer iphone. When I put it into the phone it gives me two options:

1. Transfer my number over bluetooth from my older phone, but it must be running at least version 16, which it isn’t.
2. Use a QR code.

I’ve had the same SIM card since I got my first phone many years ago, and all I ever had to do was take it out one phone and put it into the next one, and it would work fine. As cards got smaller, I had to cut it down in size but it was working fine in my iPhone 7. I now have an iPhone 12. The slot is exactly the same but this time I am being asked the questions above, neither of which applies.

Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@almaca60 

03 numbers are free from your allowances.

0344 809 0202

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

almaca60
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I didn’t realise this. However, I can’t face another couple of hours trying to get through to someone in India, who can’t understand me, nor I them, only at best to have my fingers crossed that I’d get a successful outcome. I finally decided just to jump ship and move to 1p Mobile. The simple process took several minutes online, and clear advice given on how to obtain the PAC number necessary. There’s something badly wrong when it is far easier to leave a supplier than it is to swap a SIM between your own two phones. O2 need to urgently revisit their abysmal lack of customer service if they are to survive at all.

Thank you all for your help though. It’s just a shame that I finally felt I’d no choice but to leave O2 after about 20 years with them.

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

All the best @almaca60 

Can't say that I blame you for leaving. 1pMobile is regularly recommended on here 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13