Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering photos from Samsung to iPhone,

Libs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've worked out how to use iCloud but when I tried to upload each individual photo album from my Samsung to iCloud it kept crashing after a few hundred photos so I gave up, I have 50gb iCloud storage but using my Samsung to upload them to iCloud it kept crashing. I wanted to do it this way so I could upload each album one at a time and keep them by their album name because when I used iOS transfer, yes it transfers all my photos but they end up in 1 jumbled album. Thousands of them.

Is there anyway to keep each individual album when doing a transfer from Samsung to iPhone without losing each individual photo album? One thing I do love about Samsung. If I had to sort the, all out myself into albums I'd be there all day. I want to save some in cloud but have a few albums I need in my new phone.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Libs 

I transfer them to my pc first then use iTunes to sync with iCloud.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Sadly I don't have a laptop anymore to do that. 

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Libs 

Have you tried Smart switch?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh, will that keep my albums in their albums as they switch over? I do have that app on my Samsung.
Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Yes @Libs 

It should transfer everything as it is now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It wouldn't allow me to use smart switch if switching to an iPhone, it said switch to new Galaxy and couldn't find my iPhone to connect to.

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Libs 

It does work with iPhone but you need the app on the iPhone too.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Libs
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went on the iPad store but couldn't find smart switch app?

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Libs 

There is a link to the app on the link I gave you earlier https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13