cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering in 3.0 with O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know if the UK (O2) is one of the countries that will support tethering in 3.0? I see AT&T aren't in the US.

Andy
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
To tether you need an Internet Tethering Bolt On: 3Gb for £14.68/month, 10Gb for £29.36/month. Both include The Cloud's Wi-Fi.
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, but only if you pay for the bolt on, at about £15 per month.
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup.

Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick replies, I get such slow broadband speeds at home it's probably worth paying the £15 to get a descent speed on my macbook, now just to decide whether to try and upgrade to a 3GS or not 😐
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why we would have to pay for the tethering bolt-on when we get free internet/data with the iPhone tariffs?
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't understand why we would have to pay for the tethering bolt-on when we get free internet/data with the iPhone tariffs?

because you will use much more data looking a page on your mac or pc than just on the iphone.
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to ask, i am tethering my 3g atm through iphone modem 2.

You reckon they will be able to work this out though my usuage? not that i use a whole deal only for web browsing, play games and watch movies through other means...
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do not be folled by the speeds shown....

The actual speed that you get will be lower than 7.2... based on the type of cell you are on, and how many people are connecting to it.

This is not a good replacement for normal broadband and will work out very expensive
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

because you will use much more data looking a page on your mac or pc than just on the iphone.
Given how slow it would be in comparison to your broadband connection I'm not sure that would be totally true! wink
Message 10 of 25