cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Phenomenon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope someone can help me as I'm struggling.

My wife and I have Apple Iphone 4s. We have different apple ID's and different icloud addresses.

Since last week it appears my wife's phone has merged onto mine. When I say merged all of her contacts now appear in my phonebook. What is weirder is that where we have duplicate numbers it appears that the name i have for that person in my phone has been changed to the name they are logged as in my wife's phone.

i started to delete some of wife's contacts that now appear within my phonebook but when I delete and then refresh the contacts they automatically come back!

This hasn't happened before and I'm at a loss to explain and fix it.

Any help would be really welcomed.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is weird.

Normally someone using the same Apple ID has this issue. You haven't performed a restore recently via iTunes or iCloud have you and used the wrong back up ?
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't backed up recently although over the past day or so I'm getting generated messages from the phone saying it hasn't been backed up and needs to be.

I've thought it might be the Apple ID thing but when I check on her phone it's her email address and her own password which are different to mine.

Is there any way I can check this again and if so how do I go about doing so?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
These links may help.

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5622?viewlocale=en_US

Setting, iTunes & App Stores and change/check it there. You click on your apple ID then sign out and log back in with your Id and password.
Message 4 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Rob,

It certainly is a strange issue! If you find the cause/fix, feel free to share how you did it, as it might help others in future.

I'm interested to find out the cause! If I find any info that will help, I'll let you know.

Welcome to the community.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
It has to be a shared apple id. Check again carefully.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It has to be a shared apple id. Check again carefully.

My thoughts too.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please can you expand regarding the Apple ID. I've checked both mine and my wife's and they are separate email addresses.

I did notice that my wife's email address was linked to my Apple ID account so I've subsequently deleted it.

What I'm struggling to understand is how my wife's numbers appeared on my phone.
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way i can think of is if a restore from a previous itunes or icloud back up was used from your wifes list of back ups.

Message 9 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Do you both plug your iPhone into the same computer/laptop/Mac?

Message 10 of 12