cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some iPhone infomation

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Posted this on the Apple support forums too ~ http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... &stqc=true)

Hey. Thought I'd share my experience with when I popped into the O2 store this afternoon.

I went in, and to my amazement, they still had 1st G iPhones on 'show' to play with. After a while I noticed someone come in and say something along the lines of "Can I reserve an iPhone 3G". I didn't hear the women's reply (who works for O2) but she went out through a door and returned with a book. I immediatley thought this must be some kind of reversation book or something, so I asked her about the new iPhone and then she asked if I'd like to be put on the list, which if on, you'll recieve news before others, and also, when the iPhone 3G is released (probably a day or so before) they would call you and ask if you'd like to put a deposit of £10 to secure a handset for you. Clearly, I asked to be put on the list.

Anyway, she did say aswell that the store would be recieving only 65 handsets. She didn't say how many 8GBs or 16GBs or which colours though. Just thought I'd tell you, because this store is the only one in my town, so I think 65 will go pretty quicky. (From the look on the list, there was about 20 or so already noted down).

Oh and I forgot to mention, she also said if I agreed to a £35 /m+ contract, I'd be eligible for a free 'bolt-on', like unlimited texts or extra minutes.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two 02 stores & two carphone warehouses here in Southport.I will be going into one of the 02 stores tommorow & try & reserve a handset.To be honest though i get the impression they don't know what the hell is going on with the iphone 3g.They were a bit puzzled when i asked how the first bill would be worked out.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
(Posted this on the Apple support forums too ~ http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... &stqc=true)

Oh and I forgot to mention, she also said if I agreed to a £35 /m+ contract, I'd be eligible for a free 'bolt-on', like unlimited texts or extra minutes.

I was told tonight that free bolt ons are not an option with the Iphone.. even though the website clearly takes you to the bolt on page... very confusing..
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have two 02 stores & two carphone warehouses here in Southport.I will be going into one of the 02 stores tommorow & try & reserve a handset.To be honest though i get the impression they don't know what the hell is going on with the iphone 3g.They were a bit puzzled when i asked how the first bill would be worked out.

I imagine it would just be a pro rata bill like any other new contract would be.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

you will not get a free bolt-on as such, but you will obviously get unlimited internet and wi-fi in the deal. The bolt ons such as unlimited texts can be added at £7.50 per bolt on.
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine it would just be a pro rata bill like any other new contract would be.

Apparently that's the case.A month in advance & about four days extra to pay.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi
you will not get a free bolt-on as such, but you will obviously get unlimited internet and wi-fi in the deal. The bolt ons such as unlimited texts can be added at £7.50 per bolt on.

I wasn't asking if you would recieve the bolt-on for free, I was just basically stating what I was told.
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

I wasn't asking if you would recieve the bolt-on for free, I was just basically stating what I was told.

Exactly my point... very confusing.. now add quite a few hundred purchasers on July 11th who will think they are entitled to a free bolt on to the mix and you get some big delays lol...
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
you get a free bolt on with any tariff including the Iphone tariffs as long as it has 600mins or over included.

Confirmed in store, on site and customer services
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wrong... Wrong...Wrong....

It is not confirmed on the website as I have found it in less than 1 minute, check facts before posting as things like this will cause an uproar of people thinking they are missing out...

Did you read the terms and conditions of the iphone price plan? When o2 launched the iphone price plan it was made clear that it did not come with all the thrills of the standard o2 price plans which included the free bolt on. For those who were the first to buy the iphone may remember the outcry as the iphone plan did not include the same amount of text and yet we were paying more... I even wrote to o2 and asked this very question... they said that it only says you get the free bolt on on the online/instore tariff and it doesnt show it as an additional extra on the iphone tariff terms and conditions.

The only additional serive you can have for free with the iphone tariff is the o2 rewards and you have to be with them for 6 months to start earning.

iphone terms and conditions are here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/tar ... oltons0153

And Reads:

Promotional Bolt Ons Terms - O2 Retail and O2 Online only (excludes iPhone customers)

Promotional Bolt Ons are available to customers connecting or upgrading to an eligible Pay Monthly tariff in O2 Retail, O2 Online, O2 Customer Services and O2 Telesales only between 1st February 2008 and 31st October 2008 . O2 reserves the right to withdraw or amend these offers at any time on reasonable notice. Participating customers will receive 30 days notice via text message if changes are made to their disadvantage.
“Pay Up Front
Message 10 of 12