Anonymous
Not applicable
and drop it into the new iPhone?

or is the new unit being sold as 'sealed'
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You know I asked this question the other day and I was told that customers should be able to drop existing sims into the phone... No one knows to be sure though
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well your current sim is a 3g sim so no reason they cant just swap them over...
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
when I upgraded to my iphone last year, the sim I had in my old phone became obsolete when I registered my iphone, it's a sealed unit.

The sim card was also 3g, so I'm presuming it's the same now.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3g i phone isn't a sealed unit this time around.I think there is a sort of slot where you have to take a thin, sharpish bit of wire to pop open the slot.Think along the lines of an unbent paper clip & that is the iphone tool.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3g i phone isn't a sealed unit this time around.I think there is a sort of slot where you have to take a thin, sharpish bit of wire to pop open the slot.Think along the lines of an unbent paper clip & that is the iphone tool.

The slot is just the same as on the current iPhone as far as I'm aware. It's definitely not sealed. From what I've heard, there is even a device that comes with the new iPhone that makes taking the sim out a lot easier?
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I've got that on my current Iphone, but never had a sim to go with it.

cheeky blighters!
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is some device, yes.Some bright spark at Apple thought of having unbent paper clips as the tool. slight_smile
Message 8 of 8