cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap - how long?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got home with my shiny new phone, and waiting for the SIMs to swap over.. How long does it take normally?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
They say up to 24hrs...took mine a miniute to swap over!

Then again you wont be the only person swapping over today
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
depends I'm afraid.

Mine took less than a minute.

Others have reported it taking considerably longer.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got home with my shiny new phone, and waiting for the SIMs to swap over.. How long does it take normally?

I imagine "normally" a lot less time than it will take today or tomorrow, as half the world tries doing the same thing.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I turned off my old phone with normal sim in and turned it back on. It then said my sim was inactive.

Restarted the Iphone 4 with microsim and it is all working!!! grin

Give it a try.

Dan
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Restarted both phones and now I've got "No Service" on both! There was a problem with the first microsim they tried to swap so they gave me a second SIM. Hope it's not swapped to the other one!
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Neep help, the system keeps telling me that there's something wrong with my ssn number, i have tried bout 10 times now, and ofc i can't reach CS. I have tried the first 19 digits, and also tried with the last 2 digits and 2 letters, but no luck. any ideeas would be much apreciated. thanks
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Neep help, the system keeps telling me that there's something wrong with my ssn number, i have tried bout 10 times now, and ofc i can't reach CS. I have tried the first 19 digits, and also tried with the last 2 digits and 2 letters, but no luck. any ideeas would be much apreciated. thanks

I am getting the same Decter... any help would be apprciated ?
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting the same as well. 😞
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine got activated in the O2 store and when I got home it was working
Message 10 of 11