cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim-only pay monthly for iPad Air

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked in my local O2 store for a pay monthly nano sim for my iPad Air. I don't understand why they said I had to sign up for a business contract (it's for personal use), but it seemed to be the only way they could do it.

I can't register to MyO2 - support says you can't do this from an iPad because you can't receive SMS texts! I asked support for a pin to register for MyO2 Business, which was sent by post; but I can't find any way of doing things I need on  the MyO2 Business web site. How do I find out what my data usage is so far this month? How do I buy a data bolt-on if I run out?

And, in particular, is there a better way of getting a pay-monthly sim-only account for my iPad Air? I'm on the verge of cancelling and going down the road!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You don't need a business account and as you have been mis sold I would be raising a complaint to cancel the contract http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was under the impression one of these could be picked up at a local O2 shop ?

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You don't need a business account and as you have been mis sold I would be raising a complaint to cancel the contract http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all who've replied. I'll raise a complaint and see what happens.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish you well and hope for a reasonable outcome. 😄
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck mate.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 92914 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

I have a feeling you may be over but just in case...are you over the 14 days Money back guarantee?If you are not you can just return it... do you know what business tariff you are on?some allow tariff changes...

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankfully all is now sorted, thanks to a very helpful person at a different O2 shop. I've been able to cancel the business contract, and move over to a 'consumer' sim-only deal. When I make my first top-up in a month's time, I should be able to enter my bank details and have the payment taken automaticall every month. We'll see. It does seem that the shops aren't well informed about details like this, which is what caused the other one to give me a business account.

Again, thanks to all for advice and support.

Message 10 of 13