cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does it take 24 hours to activate a sim card?

I have been with o2 for a long time & had no problems, this week your customer service has been dreadful :-(my iPhone has got a hardware problem, still sitting in local O2 store waiting to be sent off, it's still in warranty but can't have a new one.  Been given a new sim card today for old iPhone 3 and it's still says no service, why does it take so long?

Thanks x 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on what mood the computer is in at the time. Keep rebooting your phone until you get a signal....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 145090 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. It depends on what mood the computer is in at the time. Keep rebooting your phone until you get a signal....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!m driving me crazy!!!
Message 3 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It is a very temperamental system isn't it:( I've had swaps done in anything from 20mins to 48 hours myself.

Where did you get the sim activation done?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If it's not active in the morning after a reboot call customer service. The chat option isn't recommended, much better to speak with a customer service advisor.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I reported my som as lost and now I got a new one. I wanted to call the number which is shown, but my phone only allowes emergency calls. So how can I activate my new sim from my phone?

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions