cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a terrible 5s ordering experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys. Thought I'd share with you an email I wrote to customer complaints a few days ago. I've yet to receive a reply, but I'd love to hear your opinions on the matter. I do apologise... it's a bit of a rant! tongue I'm not really sure what to do next, as I feel like they really couldn't care less about my experience...

I should point out that yesterday I checked the status of the order via web chat, and was told I'd receive the iPhone in 2-3 days. Since then, I have recieved 3 emails telling me:

"Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly. We'll email or send you an SMS to confirm when your order has been despatched". (3 emails?!)

No text or email whatsoever...

More info
To whom this may concern,

I've had a truly horrific experience trying to take out an iPhone 5s O2 Refresh contract with you. There is a gross miscommunication within your company that I hope this can shed some light on. I hope this is the correct email to contact.

On the 9th of October, I read that it was possible to get a 30% discount on O2 Refresh airtime. I asked for a call-back from sales on chat, and didn't receive it. Instead, I went to my local O2 store, where I was informed the iPhone 5s was exempt from the student deal. 

I then abandoned the idea of taking out a contract with O2. The next day, however, I received the "urgent" call, and was informed the deal could in fact be used on an iPhone 5s contract. I decided to go forward with the order, and I went through the process of taking out the contract. 

I was told I needed to accept the contract via email. After not receiving the email, I attempted to login to the website. The login failed, and I tried to sign in using an email that often gets confused with mine… john...@ instead of jon.

This had been the email accidentally taken down by the telephone advisor. This could have been my fault too, as I'm sure he read it back out to me. 

I phoned up to get it corrected, and I was told I had to take out the contract again. After giving my payment information, and receiving the email, I then proceeded to read the contract. Only when checking the credit agreement, did I discover that both the airtime contract and the phone contract was incorrect. For a third time, I phoned up and went through the process again. This time, it was successful. 

Throughout the entire process, I double checked with each advisor I would be able to change the delivery address. I was given the number for the courier, and told to call them in the morning. I contacted the courier as advised and after holding they informed me it was something they couldn't do. I phoned O2 Customer Care, and only then was I told I couldn't change my delivery address. I was also then told the phone was in stock - and that I should expect it in 3-5 days.

After making arrangements for the accepting of the delivery at the address I didn't want it delivered to, I began to get nervous that I had heard nothing via email after accepting the contract. I joined a web chat session, and was first told: 

"Bidisha: I see that your order is in process.
Bidisha: You'll receive it very soon."

Then was told:

"
Bidisha: Jon, I can see your account but there is no order placed on the account.
Jon Lambert: So there has been no iPhone ordered?
Bidisha: That's correct.
"

I phoned O2 yet again, fearful that the order was unsuccessful, and after quite a while was told that I did in fact have an iPhone ordered, but it was out of stock and it could be anything up to three weeks. After putting down the phone I received an email telling me "Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly.". This was thoroughly confusing. 

As I'm sure you can imagine, having made arrangements for someone to wait in at the address I originally DIDN'T want the phone to be delivered to, only to then be told a few days later that I would have to wait even longer for the handset was immensely frustrating.

Over the past 3 days I have been receiving 3 calls a day from O2. I've unfortunately missed them all, but when calling to find out why (as you can imagine I'm extremely nervous of anything else going wrong with the contract), there was no recorded calls. It seems it was from a marketing number associated with O2 and Carphone Warehouse. This is obscene to add such insult to injury.

I should point out that at no point has any employee (on the phone) been anything other than extremely polite and pleasant, but I must say: I'm extremely nervous of continuing with such a blatantly incompetent provider. For a student, I will be handing over a very considerable amount of money every month. I've pre-ordered a phone at Apple to buy outright; as right now I have no wish to be anywhere near your incomprehensibly inconsiderate company. 

Regards,
Jon

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jon and Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

When people come here for guidance and a chat we as regulars always suggest that if they are needing account info or are upgrading / taking out a new contract they do not engage the Online Live Chat people to discuss this.

These are Non Uk Outsourced CallCentres who generally read from a scripted response.

They are usually fine for low level general enquiries, and are receiving more training we are told.

As I understand it O2 will only deliver the iPhone to the address registered to the account to reduce the risk of fraud etc.

Invariably things can be carried out in error , so at that point it then really depends on what the company does to put it right.

If the company then get it wrong again it's reasonable to be a little peeved.

Sadly your not alone in your quest on obtaining an iPhone 5s. Their are a few threads on this forum from people chatting about not receiving their new iPhone.

Theirs a massive thread also on MacRumours exactly about the issue of not receiving their new iPhone. I hope the mods here don't mind me mentioning the other forum but it is relevant to the topic.

My friend was having issues getting his iPhone 5s 16gb Space Grey from O2 ,and after discussion with them, and after a further payment of £50 ,he was supplied the 32gb model instead.

Most capacities and some colours are still defiantly in limited supply. My local apple store has a sign up saying as much.

Recent reports on the blogs say apple has reduced the output of the iPhone 5c, and increased the output of the iPhone 5s, so hopefully things will improve.

You are well within reason to compile your grievence with O2 regarding your issue , and I think they will most likely respond with a standard apology ,and that they are having supply issues from Apple.

I've read on here and other places that although people waiting we're given a quote of weeks to wait ,they then out of the blue receive an e mail saying it being delivered.

That's how sparodic the supply chain is at the moment.

I hope you get yours soon and can start enjoying using it.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bandofbrothers, thank you for your reply. 

I absolutely understand the supply issues with the iPhone, I've experienced many times in the past. The thing that gets me is the overall ordering/info experience O2 have given. For instance, I would be completely fine if they had left it at 1-2 weeks, and had told me from the start I couldn't order it to a different address. But they didn't. On the phone they told me repeatedly I could change the delivery address ("Don't worry about that sir, when you accept the contract via the link we email to you, it will ask you for delivery information."); and also changed the expected delivery time. 

Edit: Also, at no point should I have ever had to take out the contract 3 times...

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agree.

Seems a few people have been given the run around ,and still are.

It was said in a much earlier post that when O2 realised the issue with supply then they should have quoted a much more feasible delivery time.

I can only imagine their ordering screens were going overtime and constantly changing !
Message 4 of 6

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi jonno11,

I'm about to send you a message about this to see if we can help speed things along for you.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 6

Ossyref
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My experience is much the same, keep being told that my order is now "in stock" and ready for dispatch but my order status still says "in progress" and email received saying "Your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly".

I hope I get this phone soon, twice this week I have been told I will have it in 2-3 days.

Fingers crossed.

Message 6 of 6