Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 5 watch cellular won’t work

JeniG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hoping someone can help as I’m being driven demented by this issue no one seems to be able to solve. I’ve rung O2 about 4 times now with no one able to fix the problem. My iPhone XS Max will not connect to my watch properly so the cellular airtime plan won’t work. Everything else works fine but it simply won’t recognise that my watch has a data plan. The watch says I don’t have one, my watch app asks me to set one up then gives me error code 30 when I try, yet I’m paying the £5 a month for an airtime plan. I’ve had the watch since March with no solution to the issue. I’m at the point of complaining. I just want a watch that works how it should. Anyone else encountered this problem? I bought this to upgrade my series 4 that my daughter is now successfully using on her iPhone 7 Plus. I had no issue using it in my iPhone XS Max either. On my o2 app it’s showing that the series 4 is attached to mine and the 5 is attached to hers. It’s not! It’s the other way round.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@JeniG

From what I'm reading I guess you need to call customer service to ask them to the series 4 to your daughter's account and the series 5 to your account. It may likely be that for your daughter account there is no data plan for the series 5.

Have you tried connecting the series 5 to your daughter's phone? Did it work?

As again the best option I have is to call customer service for them to change the device on your account from the series 4 to series 5.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Best number to call is the one ending with 4005.
I hope this helps
Message 2 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have called them and they’ve done it. Not tried my watch though in her phone. Will do that now.
Message 3 of 20

KingAmo
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@JeniG

Hi I hope you're able to use the watch now?
Message 4 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It works perfectly on my daughters phone.
Message 5 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No I’m not able to use it
Message 6 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve called O2 4 times and they have been in able to help.
Message 7 of 20

KingAmo
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@JeniG
If it works perfectly on your daughter's phone then I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your phone.

Well is it a technical issue with the phone? @MI5 @Cleoriff please can you help here if you have any idea what's going on
Message 8 of 20

JeniG
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No one can understand what the issue is. It’s driving me nuts.
Message 9 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123004 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@KingAmo 

I have no real idea about the Apple Watch as I haven't got one. @MI5 or @jonsie  are the ones to help as they have had iPhones, though I've not seen either online today.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20