cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratches/Scuffs on new black iPhone 5...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am yet to order my iPhone 5 because I am scared that it will come all scratched etc and O2 and Apple will not send out replacement 'New' phones only refurbs.

Who here has bought a black iPhone 5 that has come with no scratches?

Has anyone recieved theirs with scuffs and scratches?

Apple forums are going mad with this problem!

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20047816#20047816

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Mine came with no issues:) well the phone had no issues anyway:)

I think quality control should of sorted issues now. Haven't heard of anything in these forums for a long time:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Mine came with no issues:) well the phone had no issues anyway:)

I think quality control should of sorted issues now. Haven't heard of anything in these forums for a long time:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Don't forget you're looking at posts from all over the world there.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Liquid, that's good to hear! Two people at work have the iphone 5 that came with no issues too!

Will take the plunge next week! slight_smile

Good point perksie, it just seems quite a common problem which scares me as I like my phones to be in tip top condition! even scuffs lol 😕
Message 4 of 25

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wow the English in that thread is bad haha. My head hurts:(

From what I could "read"(decode) the last incident of scuffing by a long term poster was on the 12th. I've disqualified first timers(they could be anti-apple/sad individuals)

I don't think there's too much of an issue:) if you get a scratched up phone pop the screen out and take it back as damaged wink within a few days your fine. But you didn't hear that from me:)
Message 5 of 25

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
L7s I highly recommend a good case for the phone. They don't seem to stay perfect for long:( my keys have slightly chipped the black surround:(
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought mines off the Apple site. 

Received my black iPhone 5 on the 26th Oct and as I was opening it I was hoping so much I wouldn't be one of the unlucky ones but found a nick on the bottom right edge...sad times That kinda annoyed me but decided to leave it as it wasn't worth the hassle..

Buuuut, I changed my mind on the 30th xD and called up Apple for a replacement. They said it was within the 14 days guarantee so it was cool. They told me to take picture of the cosmetic damage and the replacement will be arranged right away. I have to send back everything including the box and not just the iPhone. Other people had to send back their phones only and would receive a replacement in a slim white box with just the phone. I hoped I wouldn't as those don't have the serial and it feels or possibly a refurb! They arrange your local courier (usually UPS or something) to pick up your old phone and I made sure I wouldn't be phone-less so you can arrange your pickup time to be AFTER you've received the replacement. 

I doubled checked with the guy that I would receive back a BRAND NEW phone and that it was in the original retail packaging (the black box) not a white box. He confirmed it wasn't a white box so it was a relief!

I also asked the guy, if my replacement had cosmetic damages again would I be able to get another replacement, he said yes as the 14 day guarantee is reset.

Hope that was somewhat helpful slight_smile

Message 7 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine delivered from apple on launch day without any scuffs or marks 

Message 9 of 25

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions
Mine came from O2/ Carphone Warehouse with no scuffs etc. I have had it about 4 weeks now and still no scuffs etc. I have just got a case for it now too.
Samsung S8
Message 10 of 25