cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 free music streaming wont work

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract on Samsung S8plus says free music streaming but on breakdown of data usage it is being used on spottify and soundcloud.

When data is all used up there is no connection to these free music streaming apps. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yea as I said the phone will report it as data used because it doesn’t know it’s free to you.
Add up all your other usage and you’ll probably find it’s being used elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

How do you know that your data is being used by those apps?
O2 don't give that info so if you are seeing it on your phone, it doesn't mean anything as the phone doesn't know it's "free" data.
According to the T&C's for this offer, you also have to have some data remaining for the "free" service to work, so they won't work if you've used all your data on something else.
If you are unsure at all about this, call customer services on 202 so they can check.

For reference, T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/music-streaming-inclusive-on-selected-tariffs-terms-a...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Settings - data usage - mobile data usage and if you scroll down it will have a list of app icons and will display how much data has been used by each app.

The apps such as spottify and soundcloud which seem to be the main one for free streaming are clearly using data.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yea as I said the phone will report it as data used because it doesn’t know it’s free to you.
Add up all your other usage and you’ll probably find it’s being used elsewhere.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope so. I havnt got full confidence in that. Doesnt seem very clear to me when the rest of o2 seems to be clearly thought out.

Why should the customer have to dig out the calculator to see if this is free. It clearly shows my data is being used on music apps. Why cant phone show this correctly? We can put man on the moon and even use handset to call the other side of the world but o2 cant seem to sort this
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How does the phone know if it’s free data or not?
It’s just recording usage.
It’s O2 who allocate it free to certain services.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6