Did you mean: 

Replacement Apple Watch not connecting to data

SteveG1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My old Apple Watch Series 6 (with data) had severe battery issues and was replaced by Apple over Christmas.  Before handing in my old one to Apple it was erased. 

When receiving my new watch I set it up on the phone as normal and transferred the data plan as directed during setup.

I don't think I've had any data on the watch since this swap. I'm always getting errors uploading runs at the end of the workout. I've only really noticed today however because I normally download podcasts to the watch on Wifi prior to runs, but today needed to stream and couldn't. No Spotify either.

The Apple Watch app on my phone shows I have an O2 cellular plan, but with only kb usage, so indicating it's not functioning.

On the watch, if I tap the cellular icon it shows I have an O2 plan, but says Status: No Connection.

I've opened up a support case on the phone app, but they've said I'll need an esim to connect my phone to my watch and will need to take out a contract - don't they check first to see that I've already got one?!

If any has an ideas on what to try to fix, I'd appreciate it, but I can see there are a lot of related issues on here.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122952 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@SteveG1  I'll tag @O2Sarah- to see if she can help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@SteveG1 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122952 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah- xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Vsuther
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- @I have the same issue. Can you please contact me too? Or post fix here? Thanks 

Message 5 of 6

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Vsuther  I will send you a private message so we can look at this. 😊

Message 6 of 6