Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems activating mobile data on Apple Watch

HP2022
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have an Apple Watch SE with cellular data option.  But when I follow O2's instructions for setting up cellular plan via my phone it's not working.  I'm going via the Watch app on my phone, selecting Set Up Mobile Data, logging into O2, but then when it gets to the step where it tells me to select a plan to activate it no plan appears.  I rang O2 who seemed clueless and could only advise me to go to a shop.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experience?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

HP2022
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I'll do that.  Do you know if I can get them to activate it over the phone?  The website doesn't mention needing to do it, and everyone I spoke to at O2 today seemed very uninformed about the whole thing.  It's surprisingly apparently not a common query.  So nobody seemed to think they could or needed to activate it, and basically just told me to go to a shop, which isn't ideal...  

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@HP2022 

The esim is already activated if you buy from O2, but not if bought elsewhere (that is my understanding).

Of course finding someone in customer services who knows what they are doing these days is a challenge in itself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Mark86482
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issues with my Apple Watch. O2 support are monkeys who have no idea about their job. I tried calling multiple time 202. When I tried to set up cellular plan on my watch at first there was an error “Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 110” then I tried again the next day and I could log in with my o2 account but there was no plan available then I tried again few days later and there was a plan for £5 so I chosen that. 7 days later and my watch still says to wait 24h for the plan to be activated and when I’m trying to chat or call o2 they say they don’t see my Watch plan in their system or that I need to purchase Watch from o2!!! I’m actually thinking about cancelling my contract because this is absolute joke!

Message 13 of 18

DRoo1
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in exactly the same position. It’s been over a week and so many frustrating calls to CS but absolutely no progress. Did either of you get anywhere??

Message 14 of 18

Themadwife
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been informed O2 had an issue which has now been resolved, but my issue is that as I tried to activate my Apple Watch plan during that period, it now requires resetting so I can try to activate the plan again …. My O2 store is attempting to get this sorted …. And have promised me a refund due to lack of service - we will see !! 

Message 15 of 18

MichaelC20
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having exactly the same issue with still “activating” did anyone get a solution to this?

Message 16 of 18

Annemarie113
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same problem! O2 have been a nightmare! I want to leave!! 

Message 17 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36062 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

@Annemarie113 wrote:

I’m having the same problem! O2 have been a nightmare! I want to leave!! 

Advisor Georgina from O2 has picked up your query this morning, Sunday, on your other thread, @Annemarie113 - keep an eye on your PMs (top-right, envelope icon if in PC, or "Messages" menu when you tap on your Avatar icon/picture top-right on Mobile). Good luck!

Message 18 of 18