Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone line

Coylec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Wondering if anyone can help me. I upgraded a few weeks ago to an iPhone 8. When on a phone call the person on the other says it’s a bad line and can barely hear me. This has happened with every call. However, if I’m on a call using WiFi or data (e.g. WhatsApp) there’s no issue. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Coylec
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’ve discovered when on a phone call, if I change to speakerphone the issue disappears. So it seems like a problem with the microphone. I’ve searched on the internet and this seems to be an ongoing issue with iPhone 8’s. really disappointing as I can’t have a proper conversation on my phone where I’m heard clearly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If this is just in one location, it might be a local mast issue?
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Have you tried cleaning the microphone?

Do you have a case that may be interfering with the microphone?

Message 3 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Coylec, I just wanted to check how you're getting on with this and if you ended up finding out what the issue was in the end? Any help from the above suggestions? slight_smile 

Message 4 of 6

Coylec
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’ve discovered when on a phone call, if I change to speakerphone the issue disappears. So it seems like a problem with the microphone. I’ve searched on the internet and this seems to be an ongoing issue with iPhone 8’s. really disappointing as I can’t have a proper conversation on my phone where I’m heard clearly.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions