Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone contract

Lowri-davies99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have a sim only with you and my bill is due tomorrow but I have just purchased a contract phone with sim with you that is coming tomorrow. Will you still charge me for my old sim or will it be charge to my new sim on my next bill. Also will my sim be automatically cancelled, thanks 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lowri-davies99 

If you upgraded it all swaps over seamlessly and your old sim contract is cancelled and replaced by the upgrade.

Charges for next month will be pro rata combining the old and new contracts.

If however, you took aa new contract, you will need to call to migrate your number in order to cancel the old one Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Lowri-davies99 

If you upgraded it all swaps over seamlessly and your old sim contract is cancelled and replaced by the upgrade.

Charges for next month will be pro rata combining the old and new contracts.

If however, you took aa new contract, you will need to call to migrate your number in order to cancel the old one Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Lowri-davies99 

If done as a separate contract not as an upgrade then you need to contact o2 to cancel the sim only contract, and pay any termination fees. 

If done as an upgrade then the old sim will remain valid and you just put that in your new phone, and everything changes on o2 systems, and you will be charged pro rata for both contracts

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3