cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Payment Date

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like some information on how I can change my payment date on the phone contract I am currently on. I thought I had arranged for the payment to be made on the 8th-9th every month. Instead the bill gets paid off on that date but I have to wait until the 22nd of each month for the money to be paid off. 

If I can change this to have the bill paid off altogether in one day, then it would make managing my money a lot more easier when it comes to bills, so at least I don't have to think about it for the rest of the month. 

Thank You

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you can change your payment date via My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

Go into 'view bill and payment details'

However, remember you are informed of your bill 14 days before they actually take payment,  so you need to take that into consideration when changing billing date.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can change account details there but you would have to contact customer service to change the billing date.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You can change account details there but you would have to contact customer service to change the billing date.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I didn't realise that @jonsie I thought after setting up the 4 digit pin you could change your billing date as well? (Not that I've ever done that myself but the wording infers that you can?)

payment details.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You could at one time but they have removed that option now.

Thanks for that....in one way I can understand why......I suspect people would go in every month and change it to suit...Rolleys

Conversely.....a proviso could be made that you could only change your billing date once during the contract period. So in conclusion, I think its a strain on CS resources that you have to contact them with a simple billing date change.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think one of the issues is that banks don't allow the 1st or 31st of the month for direct debits. Not sure why but it was certainly the case with RBS . 

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
31st is easy - there aren't 12 of them...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 8