cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to upgrade from an iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 plus, the my O2 app says I can have a one month early upgrade for free and it pushes me towards O2 refresh. Am I able to just upgrade the phone on a 24 month contract without having to join O2 refresh?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can upgrade anywhere on the 1 month early date shown in your My O2, but as O2 only offer refresh you will have to go elsewhere to upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Refresh is your best option, that way you can pay off the phone and upgrade anytime, The choice is yours but consider fully before deciding.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If u rather not have refresh contract then go into places like car phone warehouse, it pays to shop around, car phone warehouse doesn't offer refresh contract though, only O2 direct
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a local Apple Store then reserve your iPhone via http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/iphone/ just after midnight and upgrade in store for a 24 month contract.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am popping into car phone warehouse tomorrow, but if I still want the upgrade do I still get this one month early upgrade even though I am not going to refresh..? Refresh is the more expensive tariff and I'm not overly keen on it. Thank you all for your help!
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can upgrade anywhere on the 1 month early date shown in your My O2, but as O2 only offer refresh you will have to go elsewhere to upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh wicked. Thank you for your help! slight_smile
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.
Good luck and let us know what phone you decide on slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8