cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 = Not got a clue !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sent a e-mail yesterday asking numerous questions..simple ? you would've thought so 😮 here's the reply..asked certain questions becasuse I fly out just after the 11th and wanted some confirmation....too mucg too ask ? you betcha

wink

Hello ******

Thank you for emailing us about your interest in the new 3G iPhone.

I'm sorry but I'm unable to confirm that you'll receive the new 3G 16GB
iPhone in white model.

Our existing customer can upgrade to the new 3G iPhone. For more details
about the price and delivery, please visit the link below:

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/existingiphonecustomers

You can also visit our website www.o2.co.uk/iphone for more information and
updates. The website is regularly being updated with all the information
that we currently have on iPhones.

I hope I've explained this clearly for you. For further information on your
account and our products please check our website on:

www.o2.co.uk

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode
and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards,

Tarun Kumar Aluria
O2 Customer Service.

Getting your query right the first time you email us is very important to
us. If your query has not been resolved this time, please reply to this
email with the words 'Need More Help' in the subject field.

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered
Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

same old crap nothing new answered there explained what ? new info on website !! where ?? the usual old bull$hit no answers to any questions just a couple of links thrown in

:robotmad: grin pat yourself on the back o2
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should have simplified the answer to... (apologies to Mac owners)

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

That way we wouldn't need to read through the c***!
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think general O2 staff know that much info yet. Someone at O2 knows whats going to happen but I guess they are in no hurry to tell us.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh- I would imagine its already been finalised... I think O2 customer services are spinning the "Wheel of Bull**** replies" and then sending as appropriate Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer Service dont know anything, they now have a new script regarding the iphone explaining the basics.... they just dont know anytng. Its the only way they can prevent the info being put on forums and public domain before they are ready for it.

I think when you call and speak to an agent they use the basic script and put their own spin on it....
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer Service dont know anything, they now have a new script regarding the iphone explaining the basics.... they just dont know anytng. Its the only way they can prevent the info being put on forums and public domain before they are ready for it.
I think when you call and speak to an agent they use the basic script and put their own spin on it....

Correct..... if people were prewarned about various operational timescales, it systems could be bombarded, call centres swamped etc... Try to see things from O2's point of view, this is a important product launch and I.T failures etc dont make good press...
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
From what I hear.... Current iphone-ers will be able to upgrade via the my o2 area of the o2 website and via the phone to upgrades... BUT I know at 4pm staff there had no more of an idea than we did...

One other thing we havent even mentioned is Apples control on this, phones have to be unlocked via a special unlocking tool which no doubt will be controlled by apple....
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh yes... it is a 1.7Mb file I think cant really remember much about it I think it works in conjuntion with Itunes.. There may even be a new release of Itunes before launch to support home reg
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Itunes 7.7 will have to be released on or before the 11th as the handset requires it

Network version of itunes is used by the network to sync an unlock code for that country.... At&t have started to roll the tool out on their system but who knows how o2 will work it
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Itunes 7.7 will have to be released on or before the 11th as the handset requires it
Network version of itunes is used by the network to sync an unlock code for that country.... At&t have started to roll the tool out on their system but who knows how o2 will work it

Ahh i was told it was a additional download a standalone exe... Your info might explain why I have not heard more about it slight_smile
Message 10 of 16