Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

DocRichard
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My new iPhone (MP822B/A) was working as a phone but could not get a web signal. I took it into an O2 shop who changed the sim card, twice. No joy at all. So now it not only cannot get web from the carrier, it doesnt work as a phone either. Just says "no service".  It can see the wifi signal though.

In General it says the sim isn't provisioned.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

DocRichard
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, it used to work for phone calls and msg, but not for mobile data, which is why I took it in
Message 21 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
So your phone must be faulty as you said the sim works in their phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 22 of 30

DocRichard
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In Abergavenny, Wales, about 5 mths ago
Message 23 of 30

DocRichard
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, sorry to confuse. They put it in their phone, and nothing happened. I guess it was in for about 45 minutes.
Message 24 of 30

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@DocRichard wrote:
No, sorry to confuse. They put it in their phone, and nothing happened. I guess it was in for about 45 minutes.

So that would indicate an account problem. You néed to call rather than use live chat. 

Message 25 of 30

DocRichard
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK, I will wait the 24 hours and phone them. Thanks.
Message 26 of 30

DocRichard
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, I still have No Sevice. I went to Apple chat, they were helpful, and we established that it is not a problem with my phone. Next move is to go back to the O2 shop in Weston s Mare, but it is unclear what they can do. 

I'm feeling like getting an account with someone else. The Phone Coop has a reputation for being ethical. Trouble is I'm on a fixed contract, and O2 will charge me if I try to change, so I have to get them to release me from my contract because they have failed to deliver a service. Will I need to get a lawyer for that, or will they see reason? If so, who do I ask in O2 about this?

Message 27 of 30

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Start off with complaints https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 28 of 30

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You have to go through the complaints process and put your reasons down. Personally I think it's an account issue and it's up to customer service and the supplier to rectify whatever mistake has been made.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 29 of 30

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @DocRichard

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with your Iphone. Did you get it fixed? We are all here waiting to know Help

I have just dropped you a Private Message to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help out. Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 30 of 30