Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service abroad

CVI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son is in France and his phone says no service. I have spoken to o2 twice and the first time the lady said she was changing a setting that it could take up to 24 hours. After 24 hours still the same so I called again, I was told there was a second setting that need changing, another 24 hours usually but would be done in 2 hours.... another 24 hours later and still no service. He has tried changing the apn to mobile.o2.co.uk and still nothing. He has an Iphone SE. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @CVI

He obviously has the wrong data bolt on to use abroad with an iPhone. Contact customer services and tell them this. He possibly needs idata bolt on. Once its applied and he turns the phone off and back on again....it should work. Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

CVI
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I thought that's what they were doing when they said they would change a setting! Maybe they didn't! Thank you!
Message 3 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @CVI Just remember it can 'on occasion' take 24 hrs to kick in (it shouldn't.. but )....

Once applied he needs to reboot the phone and he should be good to go. This is a common problem with iPhones on O2 when used abroad. Hope it's sorted soon wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds more like an international roaming bar on the account.
The wrong data bolt on wouldn’t affect the whole phone service status.
Can he try manually selecting a different network from the one automatically chosen for him?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5   If it was an international roaming bar (which I did consider) I would have thought that would be lifted immediately on request?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 24

CVI
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It has been 48 hours already so well over the 24 hrs....
Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CVI wrote:
It has been 48 hours already so well over the 24 hrs....

You will just have to keep on to customer services @CVI. Annoyingly, it's the only way  slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5   If it was an international roaming bar (which I did consider) I would have thought that would be lifted immediately on request?

Yes, assuming CS knew what they were doing, but as they have already had two attempts it's either someting else network related (hence the manual search) or they don't know what they are doing?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes, assuming CS knew what they were doing, but as they have already had two attempts it's either someting else network related (hence the manual search) or they don't know what they are doing?

I would definitely say it's the latter! Quite ridiculous really. @CVI's son could be home before it's sorted Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24