cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an unlock to use a GiffGaff SIM in an old iPhone 6?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm giving my old O2 iphone 6 to my Mum who's already on Giff Gaff. Do I need to unlock the device first?

I don't have my old SIM card, just my new SIM in my new phone and don't want to unlock that!

So if the old phone does need unlocking how do I do it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Far as i am aware if its out of contract it should be unlocked. You may need to contact o2 to have it unlatched. simple enough to do just have umei number on phone or just your o2 account detaiils that were attached to iphone they will tyalk you through the process

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No need to unlock to use a giffgaff sim but the process is here for unlocking anyway
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both - much appreciated! slight_smile

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome @catherine75 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5