Did you mean: 

Myself and partner bought series 8 Apple Watches can’t activate cellular data

David46
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone 

myself and my partner bought Apple Watch series 8 on Friday and she bought hers on Saturday when trying to activate data I have been getting the following error codes 61 and 15

i played around with my data settings on my iPhone and I got the text saying that it will be activated in 24hrs with code 08

tried the same with my partners series 8 and still gets the error code 61

phoned o2 and hitting brick walls with them saying il hear back in 72 hrs from the tech team  etc

our Apple Watches don’t show in our my o2 app but when checking via the o2 site my phone doesn’t appear but watch is appearing as sync 1 which I’m not sure if this is the issue 

can someone help please, I can see that this is a common issue when looking into the community but really poor cs from o2 when you call 202 and they don’t have a clue 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Jyotida
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , this is happening everywhere and we keep getting pushed to all sorts of CS with no resolutions . O2 are just not being upfront about this and keeping people thinking it’s isolated issues. 
can’t understand why it’s not been announced and the road map to get this issue sorted. 

Message 2 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Emma would you be able to take a look at this for @David46 when you get online please?

Message 3 of 8

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @David46 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 4 of 8

David46
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma I provided my phone number in pm but haven’t heard anything back?

Message 5 of 8

David46
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I think I may have got this sorted, decided to try 202 again and got through to someone who seemed to know what to do, they did an esim reset and I was able to get to the login page when going through the set up mobile data page and pick my airtime plan so it’s activating now will see in 24hrs if it connects 

now to phone 202 again for my partners watch and hopefully get the same result 

thanks anyway 

Message 6 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get this both working with this @David46?

Message 7 of 8

David46
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I didn’t hear back from Emma but I phoned 202 and they reset the sim and it’s working perfectly now 

Message 8 of 8