cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPad Air Review.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My iPad Air Review.

Recently I purchased the iPad Mini Retina and posted a review about this awesome machine.

I have to report that due to my partner absolutely loving it along with the Rayman Game I downloaded, I’ve decided to pass this onto her as its Mothers Day tomorrow.  heart

However I do plan ahead and handing this over left a gap for a tablet I need so today I visited the Apple Store, and opted for the iPad Air 16GB WiFi Space Grey version.

Bouncy

In my previous iPad Mini - Retina review I did rule out the iPad Air as I originally wanted a portable tablet. 

However after looking at this again I have amended my thoughts on this and indeed now believe its portable enough. {Yes I talked myself into it  Whistle  }     

Again I looked at all the various blogs, You Tube and review sites just to remind myself about this tablet.

As with the iPad Mini - Retina the iPad Air’s Retina text and icons has the same sharpness.

So onwards to my iPad Air Review.

iPadAir-1.jpg

Specs can be found here : https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-air/specs/

As with the iPad Mini Retina the Air fired up fast and all my settings and content quickly uploaded from iCloud and Dropbox.

Again I have to repeat myself and say the Air exudes High quality construction and has a very sleek design.

The battery usage on this device is impressive to say the least and matches the iPad Mini - Retina’s specs.

Under its hood also matches the iPad Mini's although the pixel density is better due to the smaller screen, although in everyday use one would not be able to tell.

The larger screen size of 9.7”  (diagonal) does help with my tired old eyes !  

LOL

The speakers are loud and audible alerts are clear.

It also has precision machined volume and mute buttons and power button that don't feel loose, and bring up the premium feel to the tablet.

Personally I use this tablet for surfing , watching movie trailers and have a few albums in the music app. I have 19 apps , no pics or videos yet although most of that data is saved in dropbox.

Out of the available 12.80GB of available onboard storage after the iOS I currently have 10.60GB left.

If your a gamer and or want to keep lots of music  and apps etc then I would suggest you choose either the 32GB, 64GB or 128GB to suit your needs and pocket as you cannot expand using a SD card and you may find yourself micro managing the data.

The Good.

Light.

Good Battery usage / standby times.

Still small enough to be portable. {honest}

Amazing Retina Screen.

Speedy Performance.

High quality construction.

The Not so Good.

Price.

Lacks Touch i.d.

Lacks SD Slot.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'm still undecided.

I have the iPad mini at the moment and the iPad Air looks good, but I am unsure about the pros and cons.  To me, maybe i'm wrong, but I see the only main difference is the size.  Their thickness is the same but the iPad mini is, as it says, the mini version.  Are there any other main differences that I am not aware of?

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemma

There are subtle differences but yes the size was one for me.

I assume you have the Retina mini for if not then it's a massive difference ref screen.

You can see the ipad comparison chart here ;
https://www.apple.com/asia/ipad/compare
Message 3 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous  - i'll have a look at that site slight_smile

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous  - i'll have a look at that site slight_smile

Most welcome @gemz4the1 

As Apple give a customer 14 days to return an item your safe in the knowledge that it can be retunred, no questions asked, within that time period.

Happy Days.

Message 5 of 13

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Really? I didn't know that.  As far as I was aware, and also with other companies, as soon as you open the box you are not allowed to return it unless there is a problem with it.

I'll keep that in mind and buy directly from Apple next time slight_smile

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Really? I didn't know that.  As far as I was aware, and also with other companies, as soon as you open the box you are not allowed to return it unless there is a problem with it.

I'll keep that in mind and buy directly from Apple next time slight_smile

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/retail_uk.html

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update : iPad Air case ordered.

I looked at the original iPad Air Smart case for £65 but after a rather expensive few days I've ordered a version off amazon for £6 to put me on.

51wsLcZ-E0L._SX385_.jpg

Message 8 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Lovely stuff bandofbrothers!

Very impressed slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Little update ;

The case has arrived and I'm very impressed with it. I was not expecting too much for the price but all in all it's a good well made case.

And I've only just found out you can split the iPads keyboard into two which is a nice touch and allows typing to be carried out much easier.
Message 10 of 13