cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My girlfriend has been having issues with her Iphone for over a year

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My partner has been struggling for over a year with her iphone to be able to make or recieve calls and texts but not only that she has issues using Facebook and WhatsApp... Facebook seems to be the only thing that's somewhat successful however, it's extreme unreliable and she'll often disappear for days on end and i'll have absolutely no way of contacting her.

As you can probably imagine this has caused some serious issues and has put a lot of stress in both of our lives, since i am not the account holder i cannot contact O2 to help me fix this issue. So i made this account on the O2 forum to see if i can find a work around to possibly be able to contact her as this really is my only method of contact with her since she travels a lot she doesn't have ready access to a landline. She did fairly recently get a new phone earlier this year when her old one was stolen and the SIM was replaced and she kept her old number. Trouble is, this SIM is worse because previously i was sometimes able to contact her on her old phone but her new phone. Sometimes i'll ring and it will just end sometimes it will give me a busy line as soon as i try to call and sometimes it'll ring a little and then give me a busy line.

I am desperate and i have no idea what to do... I want to be there for my partner but since i have no idea where she is majority of the time there's nothing i can do. So please, if anyone can help us either by giving me a way of being able to contact her by more unusual means/non-traditional or if an O2 employee pick up this case I will be eternally grateful.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
So the same issue with 2 phones and 2 sim cards?
Maybe she just travels to places with no network or poor signal?
I don't know what to suggest to you but as you have said you aren't the account holder there's nothing you can do.
Your partner will have to contact O2 to get help.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
Maybe she doesn't want to be contacted?
I can't see why it should be so difficult?
Everyone in the world successfully uses whatsapp, iMessage, BBM etc or just good old fashioned text messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

That isn't really a helpful answer... She has been trying to contact me as well and 90% of her messages via Facebook don't actually send this is a hardware issue. I guess i shouldn't of used the term girlfriend she is my partner and we have a very serious relationship because i know for a fact the few times where i have been able to get in contact and meet up with her in real life she has shown me all the messages she's tried to send me and none of them actually appear on my phone... Whatsapp straight up just doesn't work anymore and physical texts don't either.

Also just as an FYI... Nobody else can contact her either and she isn't able to contact anyone

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
If she is trying to send messages via Facebook on her phone then that is a software issue not a Hardware issue.

Has she paid her bills as if nothing works i would check that as well..

I would tell her to ring o2, or as @MI5 says she doesnt want to be contacted.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions
So the same issue with 2 phones and 2 sim cards?
Maybe she just travels to places with no network or poor signal?
I don't know what to suggest to you but as you have said you aren't the account holder there's nothing you can do.
Your partner will have to contact O2 to get help.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a coverage issue or she doesn’t want anyone to contact her
Message 6 of 6