cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Me... Thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whats peoples thoughts on mobile me (www.me.com)

I have used my dot mac account for years and like how it syncs all my macs ... what you guys think??
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a .mac account for a good few years now and I really dont mind it, I have a family account, my parents and partner all have macs, My email has been converted as well, so sending a mail to my address and using .me.com instead of .mac.com works perfectly well.

I just like the way that everything can sync between systems and online. It is something very simple but works very well. I use the iDisk with work all the time, companies normally dissallow USB ports, so I log on using my .mac - soon to be .me and upload / download files there. Makes it all nice and easy. I would suggest anyone with a Mac and iPhone get yourself a .me account.
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got 2 mac computers and my iphone so it will be great to sync everything so easily aswell as being able to host my iWeb site on it too!
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
And dont forget you get "Back 2 my Mac too" handy way to push photos and files.....
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll certainly try the 60 day free trial slight_smile
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a me.com address too now.. what I'm interested in is... will they drop the £68.99 renewal (due 30th July) to the £59 box price of mobile me? I hope so. As for functionality, I am looking forward to getting exchange calendar sync on Leopard via Mobile Me and iPhone (via wifi and cisco vpn of course!). The real thing won't be in OS X until 10.6. It'll be nice to be able to mail photos direct to gallery from the phone, and to be able to sync without docking.. Not totally convinced that mobile me's push mail will be any more 'push' than the IMAP is at the moment.. but that's ok, I'd rather have better battery life than be constantly online. I'm not a crackberry addict. If they do the push thing without killing the battery, then so much the better.

Back to my mac is pretty much useless to me as it doesn't play nicely with other VPN software, and needs firewall ports opening.
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Faye Said:

Back to my mac is pretty much useless to me as it doesn't play nicely with other VPN software, and needs firewall ports opening.

Wowser... your just too hardcore..... grin

To most back to my mac is a nice function, I dont know how many people would ever use it.
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll certainly try the 60 day free trial slight_smile

I will definitely be trying it too. Do we know we'll definitely get a 60-day free trial though?
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You sure do, Steve said so at the WWDC and the trial was also on .mac too
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You sure do, Steve said so at the WWDC and the trial was also on .mac too

Excellent! So is .Mac still in use? If I sign up to a 60-day .Mac trial now, will my remaining days transfer over to Mobile Me when it's released do you think?
Message 10 of 16