Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data - blank screen IPhone 12 Pro Max

Lou6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded from iPhone XS to 12 pro max. Yesterday I did a sim swap and ever since, the Mobile Data on my 12 has been intermittent. I called O2 this morning, who said this is usual for 24 hours after the swap. It has been longer than 24 hours now. Could this be a phone problem? When I try the new sim in my old phone it works. Also, when I select ‘mobile data’ on settings, the resulting screen is blank (apart from the times when I have signal...) Does anyone have any suggestions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lou6 

First thing to do is get Apple to check the phone 

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How are you getting on with this one @Lou6? Any progress in getting the issue resolved? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

@Lou6 

has posted elsewhere that the phone has been checked by Apple and is faulty.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Defective-device-3-days-old/m-p/1424614#M166705

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

OK great, thanks for letting me know @MI5 thumbsup

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 6

Lou6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2. I went to the Apple store who confirmed it was a hardware problem and agreed that I’d done everything possible to rule out a software issue. They recommended handing it back (as only a couple of days old) rather than claiming under warranty and getting a refurbished one. New problem is trying to get through to O2 to get it back. Luckily, @MI5 suggested a good way to get through but will be trying at 8am tomorrow.
Message 6 of 6