cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed Call Alert when no one has called

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past 2 days, I have been recieving missed call alert text messages from numbers I do not recognsie when my phone has been right next to me and I have not recieved a call. It has nor rung and there is nothing in the "Phone" app. No one has said anything to me about not picking up and I have tested to make sure I am recieving calls and everything is fine. Any ideas as to where adn why these texts are coming from and how I can get rid of them.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you give an example of the numbers your getting texts from.

O2 CS May be able to assist or if you have iOS7 you could add them to your blocking list.

Apple Help Link : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5845

O2 Help Link : http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/safetycontrolandaccess/spam

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No point blocking a number that doesn't ring wink
I'm wondering if it's a con or scam that tries to get people to ring back a premium rate number that the scammers make money on.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the point of blocking unwanted calls or texts is to stop them altogether whether they ring or not, so your not bothered by them at all whether its audibly or by a missed notification.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If it's a scam I'm not sure if blocking would help - No harm in trying though......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5