Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Just got an email from CPW--hint about activation and PAYG

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
well most of it we know of....but certain sections of the email(the ones i put in bold)....are quite interesting....i'm not sure if others got this email as well....thought i'd share in case you havent...

iPhone 3G
The iPhone you've been waiting for. Coming soon. On O2 at The Carphone Warehouse
iPhone 3G

Put 11 July in your diary now.

Not long to go now. iPhone™ 3G is about to be launched exclusively on O2 and it's available at The Carphone Warehouse from 11 July*.

Make a note of the date. Demand is set to be huge, so if you want to be one of the first to own iPhone 3G, make sure you drop into your local Carphone Warehouse store early on 11 July.

iPhone 3G redefines what a mobile can do - again.

With fast 3G wireless technology, GPS tracking, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App Store, iPhone 3G puts even more features at your finger tips.

And like the original iPhone, it combines three products in one - a revolutionary phone, a wide-screen iPod, and a breakthrough Internet device with rich HTML email and a desktop-class web browser.

We'll be in touch soon so you can be amongst the first to own iPhone 3G.

Choose from a wide range of money-saving offers and tariffs
iPhone 3G tariffs
Please note, iPhone 3G is initially available on pay monthly contract only.

* Contact your local store for opening times.
† Subject to fair use policy. Unlimited access at any of The Cloud's 9,500 UK hotspots and subject to fair use policy.

Full terms and conditions apply. Please ask in store or go to carphonewarehouse.com/iPhone. Subject to availability and network coverage. Connection subject to status minimum of 18 years of age, 18 month minimum contract from £30 per month, credit check required. Requires a valid credit or debit card with chip and pin. The price of the device is dependent on the tariff chosen (free from £45 a month, applies to 8GB model). Activation of the device requires the latest version of iTunes, a broadband connection and a minimum level of PC or Mac software. Only one 3G iPhone per customer. Unused inclusive minutes and messages cannot be carried forward one month to the next on any iPhone tariffs. Existing customers transferring to an iPhone tariff will lose any accrued allowances. iPhone is restricted to use on the O2 network. The Apple logo, iPod, iTunes and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. iPhone and Multi-Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. Copyright © 2008 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

This email was sent to ******@gmail.com. If you would no longer like to receive emails from The Carphone Warehouse about the iPhone 3G, please unsubscribe by using this form.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
well most of it we know of....but certain sections of the email(the ones i put in bold)....are quite interesting....i'm not sure if others got this email as well....thought i'd share in case you havent...

iPhone 3G
The iPhone you've been waiting for. Coming soon. On O2 at The Carphone Warehouse
iPhone 3G
Put 11 July in your diary now.
Not long to go now. iPhone™ 3G is about to be launched exclusively on O2 and it's available at The Carphone Warehouse from 11 July*.
Make a note of the date. Demand is set to be huge, so if you want to be one of the first to own iPhone 3G, make sure you drop into your local Carphone Warehouse store early on 11 July.
iPhone 3G redefines what a mobile can do - again.
With fast 3G wireless technology, GPS tracking, support for enterprise features like Microsoft Exchange, and the new App Store, iPhone 3G puts even more features at your finger tips.
And like the original iPhone, it combines three products in one - a revolutionary phone, a wide-screen iPod, and a breakthrough Internet device with rich HTML email and a desktop-class web browser.
We'll be in touch soon so you can be amongst the first to own iPhone 3G.

Choose from a wide range of money-saving offers and tariffs
iPhone 3G tariffs
Please note, iPhone 3G is initially available on pay monthly contract only.
* Contact your local store for opening times.
† Subject to fair use policy. Unlimited access at any of The Cloud's 9,500 UK hotspots and subject to fair use policy.
Full terms and conditions apply. Please ask in store or go to carphonewarehouse.com/iPhone. Subject to availability and network coverage. Connection subject to status minimum of 18 years of age, 18 month minimum contract from £30 per month, credit check required. Requires a valid credit or debit card with chip and pin. The price of the device is dependent on the tariff chosen (free from £45 a month, applies to 8GB model). Activation of the device requires the latest version of iTunes, a broadband connection and a minimum level of PC or Mac software. Only one 3G iPhone per customer. Unused inclusive minutes and messages cannot be carried forward one month to the next on any iPhone tariffs. Existing customers transferring to an iPhone tariff will lose any accrued allowances. iPhone is restricted to use on the O2 network. The Apple logo, iPod, iTunes and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. iPhone and Multi-Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. Copyright © 2008 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to ******@gmail.com. If you would no longer like to receive emails from The Carphone Warehouse about the iPhone 3G, please unsubscribe by using this form.

Yep i got the same email, I spotted about the activation as well, the email says nothing about current iphone users only upgrading online.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the email has been posted on another thread... interesting tho that CPW send out emails before o2!

The activation is a 2 part process from what I understand... the network unbrick the handset then the customer activates it on the itunes at home.... Just like if you did a iphone replacement at the moment
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i know its a bit annoying...lol....oh well...guess we just got a few more days left...:)....lol...however my guess is that O2 MIGHT(if we are lucky) update their website tomorrow...:)...
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
sorry to post this email again...wasnt aware of it being posted...

i think its a 2 part process of activation as well....just like ippy mentioned...guess we gonna have to wait...
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
On thinking about this- besides the pay monthly statement nothing else in that e-mail is actually what we haven't heard already from O2... and frankly the wording is very similar to the initial O2 e-mail especially in terms of "
We'll be in touch soon so you can be amongst the first to own iPhone 3G."
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but look what it did for their web traffic

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traff ... ehouse.com

Look by reach over 7 days at the top og the graph
Message 7 of 7