cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone4 - Visual Voice mail - Resetting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ive search the topics and cant find any help ...

I upgraded to 32gig iphone 4 yesterday everything went great, sim is working fine.

Only problem I am getting is the Visual Voice mail keeps resetting back to the screen where you have to "set up". This happens when the handset is turned off and then back on again. - Therefore meaning I have to reset it all up before I can see my voicemail?

Is anybody else having this issue? or could you give some advice of how to sort
Thank you in advance.

Sarah

😞
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sarah
I am also experiencing the same problem. I set up a voicemail code and greeting and then as soon as I miss a call and someone leaves me a voicemail - it resets itself! And I see a red dot with no number in it on the top right hand corner of the voicemail icon. In order to access the message through the iphone I have to reenter a code and greeting (or select the default greeting option) What a pain in the ....

Can an Expert please respond?? I have already reintalled the OS and that doesnt work.

Jason
Message 2 of 37

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
I had the same issue. Dialing 1750 then resetting VV up on the phone fixed it for me
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dave - that worked !! Nice one, cheers for that.
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this issue along with my husband and found the way to do it was to reset your phone through itunes and start again but DO NOT use the backup start afresh
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mimimed, you have saved my sanity! I had the same issue, tried the 1750 and resetting but it didn't work but the full reset seems to have done the trick thank goodness!!
grin
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will I not lose all of my data if I do a complete restore? I have this issue also, wocemail works, listen to voicemail and delete it. come out but as soon as I go back the message is still there and I have to set bloody password again!!!!
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the 1750, then clicked contacts, then back to voicemail - solved it for a short while. But then, with no phonecalls, same problem. So did 1750 again and then went through the 'over-the-phone' menus to set passcode. It seemed to work. So I used a landline to ring the iphone4 and let it ring. It took a voicemail message - and back to square one. Put in password and greeting again and was then able to listen to the voicemail. All seemed OK. Quit the phone app - and it immediately came back with that little red dot and inviting me to set up voicemail.

Then I got a bit closer to a solution. I fully turned off the iphone4 (held power for several seconds) then turned it on again. After the apple screen, up came the iphone4 ready to play. Back to the land line - rang the iphone4 and didn't answer. Looked good, little red dot with a '1' in it. Clicked the phone app, small box asking me to listen to message, enter the pin - got the message. Then - iphone4 screen 'set Up Now' once again for the voicemail! Help!
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, setup again. Full powerdown, and up. Rang from landline, didn't answer. Default greeting played to me, left a message, hung up. Repeated so that two messages left. Now there is a little red dot with '+2'. Launched the phone app on the iphone4. Sadly, asked to Set up Now again.

Conclusion: voicemail is set up with O2 - but VISUAL voicemail in not set up on the iphone4. Please help.
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do a full reset yes you will lose all messages but if you backup your photos etc and use outlook contacts to back up your numbers you won't lose much but remember do not use backup I found it easiest to delete all backups before doing the reset so then you have no choice but to start afresh hope this helps you all?
Message 10 of 37