cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6s+ Black screen and red hot home button

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

My first post and it is to pass on some information about the new iphone 6s+. Mine had been charging over night and when I woke up this morning the screen had gone black (the alarm hadn't gone off) and when I pressed the power and home buttons to see if I could get something the home button was burning hot.

There is a solution in the Apple forums for this which is to hold the power and home button (bearing in mind how hot it is you will need a glove or towel or something) for around 10 secs until it essentially soft resets.

I think this is only a short term thing as I see the hot button problem as a safety issue. As an individual I don't think Apple will be that bothered, however, if anyone else is having the problem then can I suggest that you post here and then O2 can use it to push Apple to investigate and sort out a solution or organise to replace the phones.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
These new iphones really are crap aren't they.
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just another of many problems seen with the 6s.
Get it back to Apple for a replacement asap, before you start a fire with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So many problems with this phone and beggars belief at the price you pay....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6980 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff I agree kind of puts you off getting one
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Brings a whole new meaning to hot line. If the button is getting that hot then how hot it is internally. Accident waiting to happen ...........

Message 6 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous take your phone to your nearest Apple Store, they will be able to run diagnostics on it which will include temperature history for diagnosis of any issues, and should replace your handset if any issues are found
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Already arranged a replacement from o2 now. If Apple want to fix it they will but I will just keep getting replacements until they do.

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Already arranged a replacement from o2 now. If Apple want to fix it they will but I will just keep getting replacements until they do.

It's not good enough though is it? You could be sleeping uneasily with a fire extinguisher at your side....

Message 10 of 12